Subject: Re: ss20 duoble cpu apparing strange on dmesg
To: netbsd sparc <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/20/2003 12:14:28
On Sun, Oct 19, 2003 at 01:11:59PM -0400, Steve Rumble wrote:

> HyperSparc's should work fine -- I'm using a 150 and 180 in my
> ss20 without any problems. I think that the smp hypersparc support
> came into -current around January.

As far as I know, hypersparc SMP is not working properly.  There is a
work around available which effectively disables the cache.  There is
a performance penalty for doing this though but it does make the
machine run reliably.

As for the machine getting hot... yes, hypersparcs are notorious for
doing this - check that all the fans in the power supply are working
ok.

--
Brett Lymn