Subject: Re: OT: SparcClassic Memory SIMMS
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/16/2003 21:09:59
> I've got a few SparcClassics without memory in them, what sort of RAM
> do they require?

It's been a while since I had my Classic open, but I _think_ it takes
pretty much the same memory as the IPX and LX (the other lunchbox
cases, except for the IPC): 72-pin SIMMs.  I forget what subset of
widths the Classic takes; I've tried 32-, 33-, and 36-bit memory in
various of my machines, and some combinations work and some don't, but
I forget what the Classic uses.  I do think everything I have works
with 33-bit memory, though.

I also don't know about speed.  I think most of my 72-pin memory is 80
or 90 ns, though I know I managed to find some 70ns parts for my alpha
(a NoName).

If you have trouble making it work, drop me a line and I can dig mine
out and open it up to see what's in it.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign