Subject: Re: Monitor adapter?
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.org, port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/16/2003 03:53:24
>> [...DEC 3000 300X...Sun monitors...]
> All Sun Monitors made in the last 10 or 12 years are Sony Trinitron
> Monitors.  These monitors can do Sunc-on-Green.  If they have 5 BNC
> connectors just connect RGB and that's it.

Unfortunately all my BNC-input monitors are the very old Hitachi
monitors, the ones that date from the Sun-3 era.  What doc I have
managed to find (based on their 365-xxxx numbers) implies that they are
entirely monofrequency.  I suppose I should try them, though.

However, someone (someone local to me, even!) wrote off-list offering
me a 3BNC<->13W3 adapter, which it sounds as though ought to make it
all work for me.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign