Subject: Re: Voyager power off?
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.org, michael@nosflow.com>
From: None <beaker@myrealbox.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/13/2003 16:26:45
> I can't seem to get my Voyager to shutdown -p.  Not a big problem, but
> I was wondering why this didn't work.  On a (possibly) related note,
> does anyone know what the SUNW,pmc device is?
> SUNW,pmc at sbus0 slot 4 offset 0x1300000 level 2 (ipl 3) not configured
>
> Using 1.6ZC (as of yesterday).
>
> syncing disks... done
> unmounting / (/dev/sd0a)...
> WARNING: powerdown failed!
> halted
>
> 	Program terminated
> Type help for more information
> ok

What type keyboard do you have? Don't know about the Voyager but
On my Saprc 5 you have to have a Type 5 in order to do power ups
(via keybd; upper RH key) and power downs (via 'shutdown -p'
command). Type 4 keyboards won't support this.

HTH,
Beaker

--
[SIMPLE MACHINES] --> gopher://beaker.mdns.org

   (via proxy)

http://www.floodgap.com/gopher/gw.lite?gopher://beaker.mdns.org:70/11/