Subject: OpenLDAP build stalls on pthread checks
To: NetBSD/sparc <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Matt Dainty <matt@bodgit-n-scarper.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/29/2003 14:01:28
--f2QGlHpHGjS2mn6Y

Hi,

I'm trying to build OpenLDAP 2.1.22 pkgsrc on my dual SS20, (1.6Y
snapshot userspace, 1.6ZC MP kernel), and the configure script gets
as far as:

---8<---
checking for _beginthread... no
checking for pthread.h... yes
checking POSIX thread version... 10
checking for LinuxThreads pthread.h... no
checking for GNU Pth pthread.h... no
checking for sched.h... yes
checking for pthread_create in default libraries... no
checking for pthread link with -kthread... no
checking for pthread link with -pthread...=20

=2E..and there it seems to stall. I can see a conftest executable running
in top:

  PID USERNAME PRI NICE   SIZE   RES STATE      TIME   WCPU    CPU COMMAND
   43 root      54    0   272K  620K CPU/0      8:53 99.07% 99.07% conftest

=2E..if I kill that, it skips all the way down to another pthread link
test with just -lpthread, and does exactly the same thing.

I'm guessing these checks are the ones out of all of them which *should*
pass okay.

Any ideas? Bug? AFAIK threads are only needed to build the slurpd
replication daemon, but in this case, I kind've need it.

Cheers

Matt
--=20
"Accept anything. Then explain it your way."

--f2QGlHpHGjS2mn6Y

--f2QGlHpHGjS2mn6Y--