Subject: SparcStation 5 cgsix brightness
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Tribo <ctribo@college.dtcc.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/10/2003 11:25:15
Hi, I have two monitors, one with 5 bnc, and one with 13W3 on it. I'm not
getting a console at all on the monitor with the 13W3 connector. So, I
chopped the cable, and just ran the red green and blue signal lines to
three BNC connectors. Then hooked it up to my 5BNC monitor which supports
sync on green. I can just barely see the console if I crank the
brightness and contrast up to 100%, so my question is, is there some type
of software or hardware controlled brightness setting on the card? I have
a type 6 keyboard that has brightness buttons on it, but they just produce
"Unknown scancode" errors on the console. do I have a bad frame buffer,
bad cable or am I just an idiot? I know it is nothing wrong with the
monitors, both work fine when connected to other machines.

--

The nice thing about Windows is - It does not just crash, it displays a
dialog box and lets you press 'OK' first.