Subject: SS5 and NetBSD 1.61 error on install "/instfs file system full"
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Mike Bragg <routerphreak@hotmail.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/20/2003 17:06:47
Hey,

  I have a SparcStation 5 with 64MB of RAM, two 1.0 Gig hard drives, CDRom,
and two network cards.  I'm trying to install NetBSD 1.6.1.  The
installation goes well up until I set the Timezone and select OK to
continue.  At that point I get this message:

[START LOG]
At a minimum, you should edit /etc/rc.conf to match your needs.  See
/etc/defaults/rc.conf for the default values.

                           uid 0 comm sysinst on /instfs: file system full
Segmentation fault
Back in microroot; halting machine...
Jul 20 20:35:33 halt: halted by root
syncing disks... done
halted

Program terminated
Type  help  for more information
ok
ok
[END LOG]

I am using a bootable CD, with a console connected to serial port A on the
SUN.  If I reboot the system (after the failed install), it reverts back to
the previous operating system which was Solaris 4.1.
I checked the NetBSD/sparc FAQ, but there's no reference to this error.
This my very first time using NetBSD,  I've mostly used Linux.  Any
assistance is appreciated.

  Thanks,
  Mike