Subject: Re: SPARCstation 1+ installation
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: henry nelson <netb@irm.nara.kindai.ac.jp>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/19/2003 10:21:20
On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 10:54:35AM -0500, Andy Ball wrote:
> an eye out for those.  I'm not sure whether to try 1.5.3 or
> to wait for 1.6.2. Perhaps I should try -current for a while

Well, if you'd like encouragement, I'm going to install -current on an
SS5 in the upcoming weeks.  Hopefully about the time that's done, 1.6.2
will be out, and with my notes it should only take a couple of days to
clone/propagate 1.6.2 to the half dozen IPCs (sun4c) and SS5s (sun4m)
I need to get updated this summer.

henry

P.S.

Off-topic hardware problem:  Anyone experienced, and hopefully know how
to fix, an IPC that when you turn on the power switch, the LED turns on
briefly and the hdd just starts to spin up and then suddenly the machine
goes completely dead?  You can turn off the power, wait a few hours or
days and try again, but the same thing happens.