Subject: problems with NetBSD -current
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: David Mentis <dmentis@cox.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/02/2003 03:06:25
This is probably a newbie question.  I wanted to umm feel the power of
my second processor (75Mhz) on my SS20 so I decided to get the source for
-current from cvs and build it. I followed the directions from the
website on tracking -current:
  cd /usr
  cvs checkout -P src
  mkdir /usr/obj
  ./build.sh -O /usr/obj -D /usr/NetBSD-new-build -T /usr/tools build

26 hours later I get the following error when building
/usr/src/sys/compat/sunos/sunos_ioctl.c:

cc1: warnings being treated as errors
/usr/src/sys/compat/sunos/sunos_ioctl.c: In function `sunos_sys_ioctl':
/usr/src/sys/compat/sunos/sunos_ioctl.c:430: warning: assignment from
incompatible pointer type

nbmake: stopped in /usr/src/sys/lkm/compat/sunos

From /usr/src/sys/sys/file.h it's clear that they don't match up.
fo_ioctl takes 4 args, ctl only takes 3.

Now, I know that the code ain't always working, so is that what this is?
Did I just check it out wrong? I had tried on another attempt to just
download the precompiled kernel, but I had problems with it. I assume it
had something to do with the mysterious "userland". Any takers?

Thanks,
David