Subject: Re: Siemens ic35
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/27/2003 23:46:31
On 27.06.03, 17:25:11, Jan Schaumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just stumbled across this picture:
> http://gsho.thur.de/fun/Sun-e450-IC35/IMG_1616.JPG
>
> The gadget at hand is the Siemens "Unifier" ic35:
> http://www.my-siemens.com/ic35
>
> So apparently it can run SunOS.  Shall we conclude that we can run
> NetBSD on it?  If so, there are a handful of these available on ebay for
> ~$50.
>
> Just thought I'd mention it...

Last time I checked, All Fool's Day was April 1.

>-)

Two more points for not adding a :-) and making the joke obvious.

For those who don't believe me, just follow the link describing
the machine (IC35), and also look at
http://gsho.thur.de/fun/Sun-e450-IC35/IMG_1613.JPG
to see what actually _is_ running Solaris.

The unifier is little more than a toy, 2MB of Flash memory, a measly
CPU, of much less use than a PalmOS device because of the
unextendability (closed API).

--
Bernd Sieker

NetBSD - penguin flesh never tasted so good.
		-- Julian Assange