Subject: compat_???
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: sideband <sideband@ameritech.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/22/2003 14:59:30
Hello all.

I've managed to get COMPAT_SUNOS to work, but I'm having trouble with
COMPAT_SVR4/Solaris/whateverit'scalledthisweek. Apparently COMPAT_LINUX
isn't available under the Sparc port (Could this be fixed, PLEASE?
SparcLinux compat would really help me out in this project)..

Ok.. a little background.

I'm a HAM radio operator, and I'm trying to get my old SS2 set up to run
packet radio software (such as XASTIR, and others), as well as running
SETI@HOME. I've got the SunOS SETI client running, but it's SLOW.. I know..
it's only an 80Mhz machine... but 9 days for a WU? I blame the SunOS client
for SETI, based on the fact that the Linux client runs much faster on one
of my NetBSD i386 machines (up to 40% faster, in fact) than the NetBSD
client does.

What I'd like to do is try out the Solaris 2.5.1 or 2.6 client, but I'm
having a bit of trouble. I've got the libs that ldd tells me the 2.6 client
needs installed in /emul/svr4/usr/lib, but the thing still won't run. Yes,
I have COMPAT_SVR4 compiled in the kernel.

I've followed the online docs, and the manpage, to no avail. Has anyone
managed to get Solaris stuff running under NetBSD 1.6? Do I need more libs
than what ldd is telling me I need? If so, where do I get them? I don't
have access to a Solaris machine to move them over.

Thanks in advance.

73 de AI8W, Chris

73 de AI8W, Chris