Subject: RE: installation questions
To: Anthony Watters <awatters@attbi.com>
From: Robert DiRosario <robert_dirosario@yahoo.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/21/2003 10:54:59
--- Anthony Watters <awatters@attbi.com> wrote:
> I have the same sparc 5 and am trying to install
> netbsd and kde.

KDE and other software is why I want /usr on a
different disk.  From the other posts it looks like
you  just install on ome disk and copy /usr.

> Interestingly enough, I have the same problem in
> getting a second drive to
> be recognized.
>
> What I was hoping is .. once I get NetBSD working
> and get KDE
> compiled/installed , is that I can then come back to

I have KDE 3 on my OpenBSD SS 5.  For OpenBSD all of
the packages are available prebuild.  Don't know yet
if NetBSD has prebuild packages.

After several more failed installation attempts last
night I set the system to test all 256 Megs at start
up and sure enough, I had a bad memory simm.  I now
have NetBSD running off of one disk.  This might be
why I could never get OpenBSD to work on this system!!
 (It's on a 110 Mhz SS5.)