Subject: Re: I Keep Getting Compiler Errors
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Chris Amthor <amthor@chroam.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/21/2003 18:19:07
On Sat, Jun 21, 2003 at 05:33:08PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

[..]

> But these are per-process ressources, and are much lower than system
> ressources. It's possible that the compiler reach its ressource limits, while
> there are plenty of ressources free system-wise.

Ah, OK. So I'm gonna try unlimit and see what happens.

[..]

> Yes, basically SS1, 1+, IPC and SLC. I've never had a compiler core dump
> on SS2/IPX, while a kernel compile die pretty fast on SS1+

Hmm, it does not core dump every time. The errors vary from time to
time, too. Sometimes the compiler gets SIGSEGV, sometimes it just dies
with an "internal compiler error" and I get told to "submit a full bug
report". If the latter occures, the process itself terminates
gracefully and without a core dump, since the compiler itself detects
the error, und thus is not killed by the OS.

BTW: Compiling the NetBSD Kernel has never been a problem on this
machine.

Besten Gruss,
Chris