Subject: RE: sparc station 5-170 (turbo sparc)
To: <>
From: John Ruschmeyer <jruschme@comcast.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/12/2003 15:39:03

Hmm... it shouldn't be that hard to make a Type 2 work on a modern box.

As I recall, the 2/120(?) that I used to work on had a Type 2 keyboard and
mouse, but a Type 3 keyboard port. Plugged into the port was a small box
with a pair of RJ-11 jacks for the keyboard and mouse. I assume that this
box was either a connector adapter or, at worst, contained some small amount
of logic. Either way, that adapter combined with the 3->4 adapter derMouse
mentioned should be enough to put a Type 2 on anything modern.

<<<john>>>