Subject: RE: sparc station 5-170 (turbo sparc)
To: John Ruschmeyer <jruschme@comcast.net>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/12/2003 12:36:11
Thus spake John Ruschmeyer ("JR> ") sometime Today...

JR> Personally, I like the type 5's... reasonably nice solid feel. At the risk
JR> of being branded a heretic, I'll state that the one on my SS20 at home (and
JR> my U10 at work) has the PC layout, rather than the traditional layout. Much
JR> easier on my now-mistrained fingers. (And to think that I used to program on
JR> a Televideo 950.)

"Heretic." :)

I can't do that at all; I make such heavy use of the control key that for
it to be down and out of the way like that makes my hands hurt.

JR> > Mind you, I haven't actually tried any USB Sun keyboards.  But given
JR> > the direction they were going with the 4 and then the 5, I doubt I'd
JR> > care for them.
JR>
JR> >From what I can see, the USB ones are just type 6's with a interface.
JR> Personally, I don't like them... flimsy, clicky, PC-like things. Out of
JR> curiousity, has anyone ever seen one with anything other than a Unix layout?

Yes.

JR> Am I any more a heretic if I also express a liking for the Crossbow (type 6)
JR> mouse?

Never seen one, I don't think.  Is that the one that doesn't appear to have
a straight line on it save between the mouse buttons, kind of a
roundish thing?  Or is that the type 5 mouse?

				--*greywolf;

...who wishes for a Sun-compatible wheely mouse, but with the advent
	   of USB, it doesn't *really* seem to matter...
--
NetBSD: it's not free beer, but it's free (as in beer).