Subject: Re: 1.6.1 won't compile on Sparc Voyager
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/11/2003 17:16:49
[ On Wednesday, June 11, 2003 at 21:40:34 (+0200), Martin Husemann wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: 1.6.1 won't compile on Sparc Voyager
>
> On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 09:22:36PM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> > Oops, I'll check that errors (think I never tried nell on 1.6.1).
>
> Yep, there has been a pullup-botch. The sbus attach args changed, but only
> drivers that were active in GENERIC have been adapted.
>
> Could you try the attached patch? It makes the kernel compile for me, but
> I can not test it right now.

It still doesn't work.  I was playing with this a few weeks ago with a
friend's Voyager but I don't remember what the exact problem was but as
I recall it panic'ed with a "stray interrupt" either as the first slot
was probed, or at least when a card was inserted.

> I'll create a pullup request for this change.

Yes, these changes at least are necessary to get a successful compile.

--
								Greg A. Woods