Subject: Standalone backup on NetBSD ?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: =?iso-8859-1?q?Laurent=20FAILLIE?= <l_faillie@yahoo.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/10/2003 11:35:59
hi all,

I'm thinking about migrating my SS5 from NetBSD 1.6 to
1.6.1 and making some changes on my disks
configuration. As this machine is also my gateway to
the Internet, I'll try to make this migration as
smooth as possible.

So, some questions :

1/ I wonder how I can make a full bootable backup of
all I have on my machine. So, in case of trouble, I
can boot off this tape and restore everything, like w/
IGNITE tape on HP-UX or standalone backup on VMS ?

2/ I have another SS2 for testing : does it works if I
reinstall everything on this machine to make a
migration test ? (the SS5 runs a generic kernel).

Thanks for your help.

Laurent

=====
The misspelling master is on the Web.
   _________	100 % Dictionnary Free !
 /  Dico  / /	Pleins d'autres fautes sur
/________/ /	http://go.to/destroyedlolo
(#######( /	http://destroyedlolo.homeunix.org:8080
Quoi, des fautes d'orthographe! Pas possible ;-D.