Subject: ELC/SLC diskless station question
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: phufnagel <phufnagel@snet.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/07/2003 09:36:55
We have a few diskless ELC/SLC workstations at work, all of which
died after many years from the video going out (I believe the CPU is
functional, but most of them the display is either out or so dim as to be
unusable).   I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience fixing them
or would have any interest in them if I *did* grab them and fix them?

If not, I'd think about grabbing the CPU boards and letting the rest get
trashed, and maybe running them just off the serial port with a rigged up
power supply.  They do have serial and external SCSI ports.

Pete