Subject: Process locked in bppdma
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Emmanuel Chaput <Emmanuel.Chaput@enseeiht.fr>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/14/2003 10:50:14
    Hi !

    I am a newcomer to NetBSD and I would like to use a Sparc Classic
as a print server.

    The problem is that any process trying to write on the parallel
port (either a cat /etc/motd > /dev/bpp or lpd whith a /etc/printcap
configured for bpp) remains locked in a "bppdma" state.

    If anyone as some pieces of information that could help me to make
things work, I would really appreciate !

    I had a look at kernel source tree, and I plan to build it with
some debug options, but it will take a while (build.sh is not in the
source tree !? Then ./build.sh tools fails with :

ERROR: build.sh must be run from the top source level
*** BUILD ABORTED ***

    well ... I have to learn how to build a NetBSD kernel !)

    Thanks for any help !

--
Emmanuel Chaput, Maître de Conférences - Dépt Télécom & Réseau, ENSEEIHT
*5 61 58 82 10 (Fax *5 61 58 80 14)          Emmanuel.Chaput@enseeiht.fr