Subject: Re: CLISP build problems
To: Dan Debertin <airboss@nodewarrior.org>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/06/2003 13:44:00
On Mon, May 05, 2003 at 23:44:33 -0500, Dan Debertin wrote:

> I'm having problems getting CLISP to build on 1.6.1. After applying
> Uwe's patch from 3/16, it gets this far:

My patches were against ffcall, when you apply them to clisp via
LOCALPATCHES, make sure patches are against (yes with ".."):

    ../ffcall/avcall/avcall-sparc.S
    ../ffcall/vacall/vacall.h.in
    ../ffcall/callback/vacall_r/vacall_r.h.in

Last time I tried clisp package would build lisp.run and lisp.run will
segfault.  I cannot work on it for a while as my sparc tree is
recompiled with an ABI that is incompatible with currect clisp usage
of sparc global registers.

> The backtrace, uninteresting though it may be:
>
> #0  0x1004c9bc in __vacall_r ()
>    from /usr/pkgsrc/lang/clisp/work/clisp-2.27/src/callback/./.libs/libcallback.so.0
> #1  0x13d50 in main ()
> #2  0x10910 in ___start ()

Oh, doh!  I recall now.  You are being screwed by pkgsrc libtool
substitution.  You absolutely do *not* want to compile ffcall as
shared libs, but cf. the ".so.0" in the gdb output.  Comment out
LIBTOOL_OVERRIDE= in the package makefile.

Another suggestion is to *not* use pkgsrc and try to make it build on
its own first.

SY, Uwe