Subject: Re: Problem netbooting an Sparc Station 2
To: Laurent FAILLIE <l_faillie@yahoo.com>
From: =?iso-8859-1?q?Derek=20McCallum?= <derek_mccallum@yahoo.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/27/2003 13:01:19
Hmmmm,
You seem to have everything necessary to do this.
Every time I come back this, you seem to have to jump
through the hoops again with some picky little
problem!

This might be a long shot, but I just wonder if in
your /etc/bootparams file and deamon is performing
name resolution for the client? Why not try it with
just with the ip address of Zeus as I have in my
example. I seem to recall playing around with this but
couldn't tell you for sure if it's required or not.

ie, test root=192.168.0.?:/export/home/client/root

I also found that doing an ethereal trace of the
interface serving the client was useful in getting
this working.

Something else I oberved was that the Sparc would use
both rarp and bootp to get addressing details. As I
had rarp running without problems I turned the bootpd
off. The sparc still sends a bootp packet but hey,
turn it off - it's not needed (least that's the way I
saw it).

Regards
Derek

 --- Laurent FAILLIE <l_faillie@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi