Subject: Re: Seti@Home on NetBSD
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Ihsan Dogan <ihsan@dogan.ch>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/24/2003 12:46:44
--r5Pyd7+fXNt84Ff3

Good Morning,

On Sunday, 23 Mar 2003 18:53, Brian McCann wrote:

> Somewhat OT, but does anyone have, or know how to make a Seti client run
> on NetBSD?  I tried the OpenBSD version, but it shot back an error about
> ld.so not finding something.

Yes, it's possible. There is also a howto [1] about it, but it's only
in German.

Create a tar archive of /lib on a Solaris 8 machine::
tar cvf lib.tar /lib

Create this directory structure on your NetBSD/sparc system:
/emul/svr4/dev
/emul/svr4/etc
/emul/svr4/usr
/emul/svr4/usr/bin
/emul/svr4/usr/lib

Extract the tar archive to /emul/svr4/usr/lib

cd to /usr/share/examples/emul/svr4/etc. Copy netconfig,
nsswitch.conf and netconfig to /emul/svr4/usr/etc. Copy
SVR4_MAKEDEV to /emul/svr4/dev. cd to /emul/svr4/dev and run
SVR4_MAKEDEV.

The Seti Client for Solaris should work now. There is more
information in the compat_svr4 manpage.

Regards, Ihsan...

[1] http://netbsd.sunroot.de/support/howtos/setinetbsd.shtml
--=20