Subject: Re: Seti@Home on NetBSD
To: None <>
From: Ihsan Dogan <>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/24/2003 12:46:44

Good Morning,

On Sunday, 23 Mar 2003 18:53, Brian McCann wrote:

> Somewhat OT, but does anyone have, or know how to make a Seti client run
> on NetBSD?  I tried the OpenBSD version, but it shot back an error about
> not finding something.

Yes, it's possible. There is also a howto [1] about it, but it's only
in German.

Create a tar archive of /lib on a Solaris 8 machine::
tar cvf lib.tar /lib

Create this directory structure on your NetBSD/sparc system:

Extract the tar archive to /emul/svr4/usr/lib

cd to /usr/share/examples/emul/svr4/etc. Copy netconfig,
nsswitch.conf and netconfig to /emul/svr4/usr/etc. Copy
SVR4_MAKEDEV to /emul/svr4/dev. cd to /emul/svr4/dev and run

The Seti Client for Solaris should work now. There is more
information in the compat_svr4 manpage.

Regards, Ihsan...

<!-- -->    PGP encrypted mail preferred.
PGP public key:

Version: GnuPG v1.2.1 (NetBSD)