Subject: Re: Install question
To: Brian McCann <bjm1287@ritvax.rit.edu>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/21/2003 13:20:38
On Thu, Mar 20, 2003 at 08:36:24PM -0500, Brian McCann wrote:
> That did it, using sun-ss5.  Thanks!  I am having some issues booting
> after the install though.  I tried "boot disk1:a", and a is the root
> partition, but it says it can't find the file "netbsd".  Any suggestions
> anyone?

Looks like it didn't install the kernel. Did you select one of the
GENERIC kernel at install time ?
It's easy to fix: boot again from install media, go to the utility menu
and configure network. Then get a shell, mount the root partition on /mnt,
ftp (or NFS or whatever you want) kern-GENERIC.tgz, and exract it in /mnt