Subject: Install question
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Brian McCann <bjm1287@ritvax.isc.rit.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/20/2003 10:17:14
Hi all.  I'm having some issues installing NetBSD on my SPARCStation 20,
and please forgive me if I use some of the wrong terminology since this
is my first time dealing with a SPARCStation.  I downloaded and
installed OpenBSD, got it running with few problems, worked great, but I
want SMP support, and someone suggested that NetBSD had it.  So I'm
trying to install it so I can update to -current and try it out.
However, the install screens are going crazy.  For example, as I sit
here, it's downloading the packages from ftp.netbsd.org , and the screen
has TONS of garbage on it, and only some readable text...almost like the
video buffer is overflowing.  BUT, the video card ran X fine in OpenBSD.
Can someone help me out?  Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
--Brian