Subject: Re: Problems with booting up in general
To: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/17/2003 13:24:59
On Sun, Mar 16, 2003 at 06:05:35PM -0800, Greywolf wrote:

> You mean (id << 3) + lun, I presume...

Nup - all the machines I have ever dealt with I could say sd(0,n,0)
where n is the scsi id and the machine would access the correct
device.  This experience is supported by this:

http://docs.sun.com/db/doc/801-7042/6i1cjj24f?a=view

I have not seen anywhere where it mentions luns though - not saying it
will not work but finding an actual document for it seems to be
difficult.

> [keep in mind that Missed 'em Five uses controller,target,drive,slice
> as a tuple; luns depend from targets, typically, not the other way
> 'round.]

Yes, well, luns are sub-devices of a target in the scsi world.

--
Brett Lymn