Subject: Re: Problems with booting up in general
To: Andrew Obusek <obusek@UDel.Edu>
From: Koyote <koyote@koyote.cx>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/14/2003 14:01:10
"Andrew Obusek" <obusek@UDel.Edu> writes:

> I actually have both boot-file and boot-device on my environment variables.
> I had changed around some of the alias's and confirmed that "disk1" refers
> to the scsi id 1.  So I enter the command "boot disk1"  and I get a message
> "Illegal Instruction"  Nothing more...  Where is this coming from???
> -andy

I'd try setting the boot-from envvar again,

Or I'd - well, I'd
recommend going bare metal. reset the whole thing and start over. netbsd
should install to the disk that will be your default boot device, which
means it should boot without having any command typed in. It's not
wasted time, it's learning time :)