Subject: re: Boot from RAID?
To: John Carr <jcarr@poethecat.com>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/14/2003 15:38:06

   I know I'm asking a question that's come up before, but I've not seen a
   real definitive answer one way or the other (unless I'm looking in the
   wrong places). Does NetBSD-1.6 or the upcoming 1.6.1 support booting
   from RAID 1 (using RAIDframe) on sparc? I've seen the suggestion of
   putting the kernel and bootloader on a small partition with the RAID
   set to -A root.

   Is this still the preferred method, or is there some patch to
   installboot that'll allow it to install a bootblock on a RAID set
   without a coredump? I'm fine with either method, but I'd prefer to
   actually boot from the RAID than do the workaround.

that is the current method for sparc machines.  it's what
i'm successfully using on both sparc & sparc64...