Subject: Re: Sparc32 on Ultra?
To: ali (Anders Lindgren) <dat94ali@ludat.lth.se>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/13/2003 17:55:40
On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 12:37:41 +0100, ali (Anders Lindgren) wrote:

> [0] Those branch attributes, btw: they are present all over in the manual,
>     but they aren't documented anywhere! I know "a" is the "annul delay
>     slot instruction" attribute, but what is "pt" and "pn"? "Predict" and
>     "Predict Never"?

Huh, it's literally in every instruction description (in appendix a)
for instructions that do branch with prediction.

    To set the branch prediction bit "p", append either ",pt" for
    predict taken or ",pn" for predict not taken to the opcode
    mnemonic.  In neither ",pt" nor ",pn" is specified, the assembler
    shall default to ",pt".

SY, Uwe