Subject: Re: Tadpole control utils
To: David Laight , Koyote <koyote@koyote.cx>
From: Michael Lorenz <ml@rz.uni-potsdam.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/04/2003 10:19:06
On Tue, 4 Mar 2003 08:56:11 +0000, David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk> wrote:

>> I'm growing concerned about overheating.....
>
> They always run warm!  Typical solutions include:
Yes, but he has a point - Solaris does quite a good job at keeping the
unit's temperature at an acceptable level, mine rarely gets more than hand
warm ( it runs Solaris because NetBSD doesn't support the SUNW,DBRIe's ISDN
part - I use the box as NAT-router, http-proxy, firewall and so on ), of
course it gets (a bit) warmer on heavy load.
The only things I did to keep it cool is using the little legs to allow
airflow underground and leaving the PCMCIA door open - not putting it on a
soft ( and therefore isolating ) surface should be enough.

have fun
Michael