Subject: Re: OT: SS20 video RAM source?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/25/2003 02:08:27
> As I understand it there has been some recent work on the cg14 and
> tcx framebuffers that has been mentioned on the list, but I doubt
> that they are really optimized, YMMV.

If you are referring to my work: no, they are not optimized.  They are
simply using the 8bpp and 24bpp cfb code.

The S24 (24bpp tcx) server could, and probably should, use the blit and
stipple support the S24 has.  (There isn't much, but it should provide
a speedup of somewhat over 4x (8bpp) or 16x (24bpp) as compared to the
cfb code, for moving windows....)

I've seen indications the cg14 has some degree of acceleration, but
I've been completley unsuccessful at finding documentation on it.  If I
ever do find any, I may improve the cg14 server....

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign