Subject: OT: SS20 video RAM source?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Jon Buller <jon@bullers.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/24/2003 21:48:16
Sorry to be a bit off-topic here, but this seemed like one of the
better places to get an answer from the more-clued types...

I'm starting to get more and more annoyed with the 8bpp video coming
out of the cg6 I have in my SS20.  I hear that if I can find some
"special" memory for the double slotted RAM locations, I can end
up with an onboard cg14 that does 24bpp.

Anyone done that?  Does X work?  Work well?  And where can I find
these magic little doodads?  EBay doesn't seem to have any at the
moment.  I did find a memory vendor or two that would sell me new
64MB memory sticks, but I suspect that is not exactly useful, as
I already have some of those...

Jon