Subject: Ross hypersparcs prom?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Simon Raahauge DeSantis <xiamin@ghostpriest.gay-robot.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/21/2003 23:59:05
Hi there, excited by the recent successes of SMP on sparc, I decided to
upgrade from my trusty IPX to an ss20 with dual Ross 150mhz cpus. I've
gotten the system together, but I can't get the serial console to come up.
I'm wondering if it's because of my prom version. As far as I can tell, I
need a 525-1377-08 prom to use a hypersparc cpu. The chip on my mobo says
525-1377-07. I just want to make sure that the serial console not coming up
is normal behaviour for this situation and not something else wrong with the
box. Any input would be much appreciated. Also, suggestions for where to get
a new prom chip would be helpful.
TIA
--
-Simon Raahauge DeSantis