Subject: Black screen on SS20 with cg8 emul. and Xsun24 (-current)
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/13/2003 14:04:17
Hi,

I am running a fairly recent -current (snapshot from 2003-02-11) on a
dual-CPU SPARCstation-20. Runs very fine in SMP operation, a big thanks
to all who made this possible; great work.

I have built a kernel enabling SMP and also defined "CG14_CG8" in
cgfourteen.c to enable the cgeight emulation. (I have a 4MB VSIMM
installed).

When I start the Xserver (Xsun24) it seems to work to some extent, but
all colours are black. I can only see the cursor, and it changes shape
when it moves over a window, but everything else is and remains black.

X -fbinfo reports "/dev/fb is really a MEMCOLOR      (cg8)", so it
would appear the cgeight emulation is compiled in, but not working
entirely correctly.

The kernel also reports:
  cgfourteen0 at obio0 slot 2 offset 0x0 level 8: cgeight emulated at 1152x900x24bpp (console)
  cgfourteen0: attached to /dev/fb

Any suggestions as to what else I might try?

Thanks in advance,

Bernd

--
Bernd Sieker

I didn't get where I am today without using NetBSD
		-- Dave Tyson