Subject: Re: default install from CD
To: None <rmk@rmkhome.com>
From: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/13/2003 19:42:09
    Date:        Wed, 12 Feb 2003 18:25:41 -0700 (MST)
    From:        Rick Kelly <rmk@toad.rmkhome.com>

  | One of the frequent coherent contributors to comp.unix.solaris just
  | installed NetBSD/sparc on a sun4c box.

Sounds like a 1.6 install.

  | Apparently, the default install does not include a kernel?

Doing a default install doesn't install a kernel (for that version,
I don't know if it has since been fixed).

I think this might have been true in (some) earlier versions as well
(but haven't install one of those in a sparc in so long I no longer
remember).

This is easy (trivial) to work around, once you know it is going to
happen (the kernel is there, just not copied anywhere), but it certainly
isn't rational.

  | NetBSD is now being referred to as brain-damaged.

That particular part of it is (maybe was) brain-damaged.   It was insane.
Most likely just a bug though...

kre