Subject: Re: telling boot.net to continue from disk - how?
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/28/2003 19:13:53
> is there some way to tell the "boot.net" that my SS4's tftp server
> handed over to continue booting from local disk, instead of doing
> bootp to find a NFS server, path etc.?

I doubt there's any clean way.  You could probably kludge it in with
something along the liens of

sys/arch/sparc/stand/boot/boot.c
 	/*
 	 * get default kernel.
 	 */
-	prom_bootdevice = prom_getbootpath();
+	prom_bootdevice = "/sbus/esp/sd@0,0:a";
 	kernel = prom_getbootfile();
 	how = bootoptions(prom_getbootargs());

where of course you need to use the actual PROM path to your disk (I
don't have a 4 set up at the moment such that I can easily see what its
PROM name for SCSI disks is).

That's a gross ugly hack, but it seems to me that it _should_ work.
Caveat hackor, though; I haven't tried it.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign