Subject: Re: Restarting after a power failure.
To: =?iso-8859-1?q?Laurent=20FAILLIE?= <>
From: Greywolf <>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/14/2002 11:07:56
On Mon, 14 Oct 2002, Laurent FAILLIE wrote:

# Hi all,
# what sort of cleaning I have to add to make sure my
# system is fully up and runing after a power failure ?
# This W.E., I have an unexpected power disruption, but
# when my SS5 reboot, Apache and FTP was unavailable : I
# know what I have to do for apache (removing the .pid
# file), but what about FTP ? There is other problem
# that can't start in case of brutal breakdown ?

'jour, Laurent,

How in the world do you get an SS5 to power on automagically after a power
failure?  I still don't know this one...

NetBSD:  the OS WORM -  Write Once, Run Many.