Subject: Re: 1.6 sparc sysinstall full install missing kernel install?
To: None <Robertdkeys@aol.com>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/12/2002 10:07:20
On Sat, Oct 12, 2002 at 03:54:33AM -0400, Robertdkeys@aol.com wrote:
> Well, they don't work for me.  The type 4 not at
> all anywhere in sysinstall

This is supposed to be fixed on the branch with a new termcap entry
soon.

> and the type 5 works
> mostly in sysinstall but all I get are beeps and
> no cursor control when I get into the timezone
> menu.

Hmm, how do you expect people listen to bug reports from you if they are
that inexact? "Does not work at all" turns into "works mostly". People
will test this, notice the cursor keys work in the main menu and bail
out.

> I just checked the keyboard and mine is
> a type 5c and the cpu was an LX.

Mine is a 5c too, and the timezone menu worked just fine. Maybe this is a
speed issue with the timezone menu updating every second (which has
been "fixed" too) and the framebuffer driver being slow on the LX.

Martin