Subject: 1.6 sparc sysinstall full install missing kernel install?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: None <Robertdkeys@aol.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/11/2002 19:53:20
I have been playing around with the 1.6 sparc iso
doing full installs, and the seem to error out
at the end with a quick message that something
is not sane.  One reboot it seems to not find a
kernel.  Doing a custom install, for example only
base and etc (which brings in kern), the first
thing it unrolls is the kern tarball selected.
Reboot of the custom install where the kern does
get unrolled, is working fine.  Is it me doing
something screwy, or sysinstall not quite right?

Also, type 5 keyboard cursor keys do not work
in sysinstall, but that emacsie ctrl-n or ctrl-p
does, in the timezone section.  The rest of the
sysinstall does accept type 5 cursor keys.
Type 4 keys don't work anywhere in sysinstall
in my hands.

FYI

Thanks

Bob Keys