Subject: Re: sun sparcstation firewall
To: Szekeres =?iso-8859-1?Q?Szil=E1rd?= <szilard@foxart.hu>
From: Christoph Kaegi <kgc@zhwin.ch>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/11/2002 09:37:55
On 2002.10.10 16:14, Szekeres Szilárd wrote:
> Hi!
>

> According to the port-specific faq on the NetBSD site, I noticed a issue
> about the ethernet interfaces.
> http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/sparc/faq.html#ether-address
>
> Soonly I will buy a Sun SPARCstation 2 with two ethernet interfaces.
> According to the issue, I'm in doubt. Will this machine work for me as a
> firewall?

There's also a NVRAM setting named local-mac-address? which enables
separate MAC addresses for each of the NICs, at least on newer hardware.

I don't know if this works on a SS2 and with NetBSD.

But if the two interfaces are on separate networks there's no problem
in having the same MAC address on both.

Regards
Chris

Christoph Kaegi                                           kgc@zhwin.ch