Subject: Re: Conflict between audioamd and nell or: how to choose an interrupt
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/11/2002 01:26:23
On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 08:56:47AM +1000, matthew green wrote:

> the AUDIO_C_HANDLER disables the fast trap for audioamd.  the fast trap
> is the conflict - you can only install one fast trap per ipl, but if you
> use normal handlers you can chain them etc.

Ah, IC. But that would be too much magic hardcoding in the driver (depending
on probe order etc.) If probe order would be deterministicaly "audioamd
first" (and assuming the bus_intr_establish fails if a fast trap handler
is already installed for this level) we could make the nell driver try
both interrupts.

> if you can make nell not using ipl 13 then i would hope that audioamd
> would be able to work normally again.

No sweat. The version I commited uses (on my LX) by default only level 7;
with "flags 1" added to the config line it uses only level 13 (which in my
case is preferable, since it's otherwise unused).

On the other hand, on my U2 boths interrupts are mapped to level 2 - so it's
a don't care there.

Martin