Subject: sun sparcstation firewall
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: =?iso-8859-2?Q?Szekeres_Szil=E1rd?= <szilard@foxart.hu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/10/2002 16:14:56
Hi!

According to the port-specific faq on the NetBSD site, I noticed a issue
about the ethernet interfaces.
http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/sparc/faq.html#ether-address

Soonly I will buy a Sun SPARCstation 2 with two ethernet interfaces.
According to the issue, I'm in doubt. Will this machine work for me as a
firewall? My case is the following:
Share the ADSL connection with the whole network. I want to use NAT to
share this connection. My problem is that the issue "says" to me, that
regardless of how many interfaces I have in my SPARCstation, the same
MAC addrecc will be given and used. Will the NAT solution work in this
case?
If not, please help me to implement this network solution other way.
I want to install NetBSD1.6 on the machine.

Thanks a lot,

Szilard Szekeres.

PS: Sorry about bad English :)