Subject: Re: Netbooting questions
To: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
From: Andy R <quadreverb@yahoo.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/01/2002 23:02:36
--- "Jared D. McNeill" <jmcneill@invisible.ca> wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Oct 2002, Andy R wrote:
> > Oct  2 05:45:47 roadrunner tftpd[780]:
> 192.168.1.6:
> > read request for /tftpboot/C0A80106.SUN4C: File
> not
> > found
> >
> > Well, this file does indeed exist: roadrunner# pwd
> /tftpboot roadrunner#
> > ls -l total 0 lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 35 Oct 1
> 22:44 C0A80106.SUN4C ->
> > /home/sparky/root/usr/mdec/boot.net
>
> I know this sounds odd, but make /tftpboot/tftpboot
> a symlink to
> /tftpboot. It should fix the "file not found"
> problem.

Huh? (With scooby doo sounds)

Tried it:

roadrunner# ln -s /tftpboot tftpboot

Got this error

ok boot net
Booting from: le(0,0,0) <- This was there before, I
omitted it
The IDPROM checksum is incorrect.The IDPROM checksum
is incorrect.The IDPROM checksum is incorrect.Got
error packet: Error Code 2 Message: Access violation

Got this with the symlinked hex named file along with
a real one.

Changed the error, but still no go.

Thanks.

Andy