Subject: Re: missing COMPAT_15
To: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
From: Chris Jones <chris@cjones.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/25/2002 10:46:28
David Maxwell wrote:
> The last discussion I heard on this issue was that no API changes were
> made to any system calls between 1.5.x and 1.6 (and normally it's NetBSD
> project policy not to make them within a release branch, so future 1.6.x
> releases will be the same too)
>
> Since there are no such changes, NetBSD 1.5.x binaries and 1.6 kernels
> are inherently compatible and no COMPAT_15 option is needed.

So should we remove COMPAT_15 from the config files it's already in?
What's the best way to reduce confusion in the future?  I think the
current situation -- some config files have it and some don't -- is a
good way to confuse more people than just me.

Chris

--
Chris Jones                                       Mad scientist at large