Subject: RE: Instruction Access Exception on SS20
To: Jon Buller <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: John Ruschmeyer <jruschme@comcast.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/24/2002 11:41:32

That's the strange part... I didn't change any of the defaults to affect
compilation.

Basically, I made a copy of GENERIC, added the sd lines from GENERIC_SCSI3,
and uncommented the PCMCIA-related lines. Then I just ran config on my file,
make depend, and make. Since then, I've tried several more kernel builds
which included removing a couple of PCMCIA devices I added that weren't in
GENERIC (xi and mhz), removing the audioamd code, and removing sun4c
support.

Like I said, my own version of GENERIC_SCSI3 with very minor changes (added
the 'se' device) works fine. but my attempts at a PCMCIA kernel die horribly
at boot.

I thought at one point it might be bad RAM becase I had two 64mb DIMMS from
a Sparc 10 in there, but even taking those out didn't change anything.

That's why I'm at a loss.

Thanks...
<<<john>>>