Subject: Re: Data Exception while loading kernel.
To: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@crufty.net>
From: Jon Buller <jon@bullers.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/24/2002 08:23:06
In message <20020924061615.83020665C@void.crufty.net>, "Simon J. Gerraty" write
s:

>On Mon, 23 Sep 2002 11:14:00 -0700, Jon Buller writes:
>>Same thing with my SparcLX, but I was using -msupersparc -O2 I was
>
>Thanks for the data point - isn't the LX a sun4c ?  Does that matter?
>Try building your kernel without -m*.

They all work fine without -msupersparc.  The last one I built was
a 1.6F kernel on a 1.5.3_ALPHA machine using the nbmake used by
the build.sh stuff.  Boy is that nicer than the older ways of
building new systems.  When I finish getting the machine up to 1.6
I'll try again, but I'm not expecting anything to change.

As for the LX, it is a sun4m system with a microsparc processor in
a "lunchbox" (IPC or IPX) sized box.  Stories I've heard say that it
was supposed to be about as fast as a SS2 but cheaper to build.

Jon