Subject: Instruction Access Exception on SS20
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: John Ruschmeyer <jruschme@mac.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/24/2002 06:58:29
For the last three days, I have been trying to set up a custom 1.6 kernel
which includes PCMCIA support. The kernel configs and builds fine, but fails
at boot with an "Instruction Access Exception". Oddly, a previously-built
custom kernel (GENERIC_SCSI3 with a minor addition) boots and runs fine.

I assume the problem is not with the bootblocks as this was a fresh 1.6
installation.

I have also pulled out all but one 64mb DIMM to try and rule out memory
issues.

Do I need the AUDIO_C_HANDLER option even though sound is not supported on
the SS20 and I've removed the audioamd driver, anyway?

At this point, I'm at a loss.

Thanks...
<<<john>>>