Subject: couple of raid questions...
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Paul \(NCC/CS\) <pts@bom.gov.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/24/2002 10:33:53
Hi,

last night I created a raid 0 array , but I'm wondering if I did
it all correctly. (seems to work but just to check...).

When labeling the disks I made partitions on each of them
called sdxa, ie "a" that took up the whole disk like the "c"
partition.

I wasn't sure if it was like concatenated disks where you
need to leave a partition at the start for the ccd code to
write info in. So I just took up the whole disk.

Is that ok or should I start 1 cylinder in?

Also when initialising "raidctl -iv raid0 " it was done
in a flash and I know this can take ages. But since I had
raid0 (no parity at all?) this might be normal? Can someone
confirm this?

Thanks In Advance:)
cheers,
Paul.