Subject: Re: SPARCstation 1+
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/21/2002 18:54:52
>> Yes (as you can see from the AUI port on the back).
> It hasn't arrived yet, but it's on its way :-)  If it's an AUI port
> I'll have to dig up a 10baseT transceiver from somewhere.  That's
> okay though.

Now at least you know about it in advance! :-)

>> In passing, why would it bother you to have two different Ethernet
>> drivers in the kernel?
> It wouldn't exactly bother me, but presumably it would take up a
> little more RAM

Yes, I suppose so, though I'm not sure it's really a big enough
difference to be worth worrying about.  How much RAM are you going to
put in it?  (I think it maxes out at 64M, and that assumes you can find
sixteen 4M SIMMs.)

> and introduce one more opportunity for things to conflict (just
> trying to Keep It Simple, See :-)

While this is true in general, I wouldn't worry about it in this case;
this ain't a peecee. :-)

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign