Subject: Re: why does esp attach only 8 targets?
To: Andrey Petrov <petrov@netbsd.org>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/17/2002 07:09:17
On Mon, Sep 16, 2002 at 04:42:39PM -0700, Andrey Petrov wrote:
> There is patch in archive and PR regarding 16 targets on fas so you
> can try that out.

Let me state it another way: I'm not concerned I can not drive all 14 disks
and one CD in my U2, since I only have host + 2 other targets.

I'm looking for bugs in the esp driver attachement, and this was one of the
very obvious ones. So is there any sun hardware specific reason I'm not aware
of that this "bug" works around? If not I'd suggest we just fix it ;-)

Martin

P.S.: I have a clearly verified setup where tagged queuing does major harm.
I'm now going to replace the disk with a known-working-with-tagged-queuing
one to check whether the lossage is esp driver attachment specific or disk
firmware bug (my drive has special SUN firware, so it could be possible).
Matt Thomas assured that the "asc" driver on VAX (which uses the same MI
NCR driver) works fine with tagged queueing.