Subject: Re: 1.6 on IPC (tagged queuing bug still there)
To: NetBSD/sparc Discussion List <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/08/2002 16:58:24
[ On Sunday, September 8, 2002 at 21:28:15 (+0200), Manuel Bouyer wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: 1.6 on IPC (tagged queuing bug still there)
>
> Yes, I know. But the issue was what to do for 1.6. It's too late to
> disable tagged queuing for esp100 only (needs changes to a MI driver).
> The only thing we could do is disable tagged queuing for esp on sparc.

OK, I can understand and begrudgingly agree (reluctantly because 1.6
will only be marginally useful on these machines anyway due to the sw
cache flush issue -- the only worries are for the tiny number of people
who need to boot on newer ESP100A & ESP200 machines with buggy old
drives that are not yet listed in the quirk table, and those worries
apply equally to any port/driver where anyone might use a buggy old
unlisted drive).

--
								Greg A. Woods